Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krishna
    • May 2005

starting a video internet business

I'm commited to producing my own video clips to sell on the web. I'll be selling to strangers so what I produce needs to be of reasonable quality.

I know i should buy the 1,100 - 1,900 hold on your shoulder video camera, but its out of budget and i need two. Once I make some money ill move up to these.

What im looking for is to purchase 2 camcords to record office "role play" scenerios for trainings. Priced between 500-600 per camera.

My technical issues are...
    1. low light. I will be renting external lights but if the low light performance is good enough I may not have to or use good house lightinng.

2. close quarters...eaasy handling and good stabilization (definatly using tripods, but stabilization helps)

3. zooming in to show facial expressions

4. I want commercial grade video quality or just under that.
    5. superior audio (surround)...do I need to use external mics in a quite offiice setting.

I would like to record on a medum I can easily edit on my laptop, turn into downloadable files...not sure what kind or if I should make them real player or WMP friendly, and encode. What's encoding?

can you suggest me a good video editing program under 300 dollars? Do I even need to spend that much?

I appreacte any help or advice you can give me. This is my first time doing somehing on my own, and I don’t want to make any unnecessary mistakes.

Thanks
    Kris
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

Get the Canon ZR200 or the Sony DCRHC30.
    They will load into Windows Movie Maker directly as DV-AVI, which you can then edit and save as .wmv
    Ideal for internet streaming/downloading.
    If you need a more advanced editor, there are plenty for less than $300.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...