Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckmac97
    • May 2005

WinTV PVR 150 and Sony Handycam Video

Hello. I've been reading this forum for awhile, but this is my first post. I've been converting my home VHS movies to DVD, and I'm having some slight problems.

I had 8 VHS tapes that were originally recorded with a full sized VHS camcorder. I used a relatively new VCR, and they converted just fine.

I have 6 to 7 more 8mm tapes that I want to convert. These were originally recorded with an 8mm Sony Handcam camcorder. I've cleaned the heads of the camcorder, and know that the tapes were in good condition. However, I'm getting a lot of "jitter" in the video signal. These "jitters" do not appear when the camcorder is hooked into a normal TV. I've managed to capture a screenshot of an example.

I've been using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 to convert the video, and I think it is the problem. Before I bought it, I converted several of my other 8mm tapes using a Dazzle DVC 150 (which I borrowed from work). These tapes captured just fine.

I'm going to borrow the Dazzle again, and see what happens. However, has anyone else had trouble with this? Does anyone know what would be cauing this? I would like to use my own hardware, if possible. Thanks for your replies.
  • ckmac97
    • May 2005

Here's the picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

The Dazzle has a built in video stablilzer, and is designed more for external source capture (cam/tape), the Hauppauge 150 is a TV capture card, designed for TV captures.
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...