Is there such a thing as a digital only LCD monitor, and where can i find it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxiMonium
    • Jun 2005

Is there such a thing as a digital only LCD monitor, and where can i find it?

ive been looking everywhere and i just cant seem to find a monitor which is digital only . ive tried some of the biggest brand names like sony, viewsonic, samsung, and they dont seem to carry digital only LCDs. all are digital and analogue as seperate ports, and some seem to have a shared port or something like that.

im just an anal perfectionist who wants a nice and clean purely digital computer system. i mean... is that wrong?

anyways, if you have names of companies or links, please post them in your reply?

i will also continue to search.

thanks.

MaxiMonium
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

well some monitors have both d-sub VGA ports and digital dvi ports.why not just use the digital? isn't it better to have both than just one?

from "cnet asia reviews":
    "According to Stanford Resources, about 64 percent of LCD monitors accept analog input only, 29 percent support analog and digital, and 7 percent take digital only."

anyway this link may be worth a look...

Last edited by LT. Columbo; 24 Jun 2005, 01:16 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• MaxiMonium
      • Jun 2005

that was a great reply. and i guess with only 7% being digital only, then i will have a very difficult time finding them.

but anyhow, thats my problem. thanks a lot for the info.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"thanks a lot for the info"

anytime
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

also if only app. 7% are digital, with supply and demand the digital only monitor might cost more.

Comment

• MaxiMonium
            • Jun 2005

reply to digital only monitor related inquiry

your right. it would cost more, and it would be more difficult to find. ive given up on my perfectionistic pursuit of a purely digital computer system by settling on a card and monitor which both have DVI and analogue ports.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

that's the best choice.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• toomanycats
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2005

I am a State of Connecticut licensed Electronic technician. I do not see how having both digital and analogue imputs would effect the performance of your system except in adding flexibility. Maybe only in the event of "crosstalk" of the two circuits, which would then describe a defective circuit, a funtioning system would not be affected by the existence of both imputs.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

like i said earlier, the "better" system would have both analog and dvi than just one or the other
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• toomanycats
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2005

There is nothing worse than reading your own post and realizing that you've spelled something wrong. I wonder what kind of plug an "imput jack" would take? Maybe a "prug".

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

there is something worse, me not even noticing the typo in the first place!
                      (but seriously, your not being graded on spelling here)
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• toomanycats
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Apr 2005

I know the following is strictly subjective but I don't think LCD's look as good as CRT monitors. They do save a lot of space but they always appear less 3 dimensional. I do a lot of CAD and found LCD monitors tired my eyes out. A 40" Sony Triniton Wega television with 3d combfilter looks better than any plasma TV or LCD in my opinion, though it takes 4 people to move it. I have a 42" NEC Plasma TV and I am just not that impressed with it. The picture in an LCD monitor looks "flat" to me, no depth.

Comment

Working...