X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patnshan
    • Jun 2005

Lip Sync problem

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to DVD authoring. I recently made a DVD from a DV tape taken with my Panasonic GS-15 camcorder. I used my PC to capture the video through firewire.

To capture, I used WinDV. To author to DVD, I used TMPGEnc. When I watch the video on the camcorder, or with the camcorder through the TV, the voice and video match perfectly.

On the DVD I burned, the voice and video do not match. It seems the audio is "late" and not in sync with the video. Otherwise, it plays perfectly. The video and audio, independent of each other, seem good. They just don't jive.

What did I do wrong? Is it the software or my technique? What can I do to try and fix this next time?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me,

Pat L.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the forum patnshan! Have you watched the file(s) right before you burn them? At what speed are you burning at?

Comment

• patnshan
      • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
      Welcome to the forum patnshan! Have you watched the file(s) right before you burn them? At what speed are you burning at?
      you know, I have not. I will watch the AVI file I burned from tonight when I get home and let you know. I think I am burning at 4x or 8x, the max my burner can do. I will check that too.

Thanks much,

Pat

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Yea, the file you are burning, watch it on your computer first before you burn it to see if it shows the same problem.

The slower the burn speed the better. I burn everything at either 2.5X.

Comment

Working...