Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

Hey your right someone stole my link

I'm ok with the "push button by accident" as my drives are behind a little door and luckerly it opens real easy when the drive eject itself auto like (when Nero finishes burning etc).

Why don't you see if any nice person could do you a copy of WriteDVD

Comment

• macstar
      • Mar 2002

if they had it in pc world i'd go get it... and take back easy cd 5 at the same time! i'm wiiling to buy it... but... it's got to work, shame i can't try it out... wonder if they have a uk distributor... i'll go check.

i've just downloaded vob... for the sake of it... got 30 days... it seems not to have problems like the stuff given away with the drive!!! but i dont' like "packet" writing??? i would like to write in "sessions" so i can revert back to other sessions if anything happens to the disk... as has happened in the past!

easy cd5 also now has easycd writing to dvd r + dvd rw ie. not just direct cd... but not dvd ram... is dvd ram being phased out??? it's last on everyones list? feels like it...

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

What do you mean is DVD-Ram being phased out, I thought it died years ago

Comment

• macstar
          • Mar 2002

well you can tell i'm a newbie at this... i wanted the dvd 100,000 writeability (yes dvd rw also) and protective caddy!!! do dvd rw's come in them then??? i seem to have lots of scratched cds... i don't want to lose 4.7gb or more on one scratch...

so dvd ram is dead? it never even got started then???!!! doesn't anyone sell the dvd rams anymore?

shame as instant cd is ok! i need a manual though...

Comment

• Ndb
            • Mar 2002

It was kinda ment as a joke i.e.

DVD and CD blanks come in nice jewel cases (except cheap bulk jobbies), so best you keep them in the case til you use them

Yes you can still get DVD-RAM drive(s ?) and media. Panasonic still sells one, but I have not seen any others (aint looked for any though).

DVD-RAM is ok for backups etc, but of no real use if you want to burn DVD miovies etc.

DVD-R & DVD-RW are about the most compatable with todays DVD Players. Everyone to their own choice, but as you see from above it's not an easy root for choice of burning apps etc.

Instant CD has a good web site with demos of their programs, can't you get a manual from there.
            At least it mensions your drive model in the supported drives section

Comment

• macstar
              • Mar 2002

i just took a look... dvd ram/r are still big sellers... i only got mine for £175... toshiba do them for £299. so do "dabs direct." it has been a headache as far as software goes but... "alright now baby..."

na... i only want it for music not dvd films as i prefer video's... i had "get over it" out the other week and it wouldn't play 'cause of one scratch!!! i heard dvd's are going to be 100's of gb's soon so... i'll buy a new one then... the price will be cheaper anyway... when they are more mainstream!

i just remembered you only get a manual "if" you buy it... it said that on download!

so thanks for the pointers... i'll try it out for the month and see if i like it... so far it's good! i should have downloaded it earlier! and yeah it lets you do "sessions" on dvd ram... it's a little confusing without a manual though... but i'll get there!!!

thanks!

Comment

Working...