X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vonserb
    • Jul 2005

Update: need help burning, im a newb

Previous Post:

I just purchased a new Lite-on DVD-/+rw burner internal. I have it configured properly in my system.

My system is a P4-3.0ghz, 1 gig ram, 60gig WD raptor drive.

I used memorex 16x DVD-R's from bestbuy.

I use the latest DVD shrink software with the default settings.

I put a copy of "terminator 3" in the DVD tray, backed it up to the hard drive first, everything looked good..even the playback mode. I proceed to burn the DVD at 8x speed and everything burns ok...no errors. I go to play the DVD in my PS2 (playstation 2) and it plays fine. I go into the family room and play it in my Panasonic 2yr old DVD player and it playes choppy and skips to different chapters sometimes. Does anyone know what the heck is going on...im about to pull my hair out on this, ive wasted about 6 dvd's so far. I tried the same things with 3 different movies (hostage, old school and shaft).

Then I tried some troubleshooting:

I also tried to burn with Nero, the same things happen. Works fine on the PS2, choppy on the real DVD player.

I also tried burning at 4x speed, the same things happen.

These DVD's im trying to copy are from existing copies, I havent tried an original movie yet but I thought this doesnt make much of a difference.

-please help....thanks!!

UPDATE:

I did a burn last night using FUJI DVD-R 8x turning off the option ("30mm burn for DVD+R compatibility" and the option for "region free") and burning at 4x speed through DVD Shrink.
    <!-- / message -->The disc worked fine in my panasonic dvd player. I will try to burn more tonight and see the results.

-thanks a lot guys for the support, the media does make the difference but I also think the correct options do to.
  • Infection
    • Jul 2005

Glad it worked, and glad we could help.

System
    P4 2.8GHz | 512MB RAM | 40GB HD

Sotware
    Nero 6.6.0.16| Nero Recode 2.2.6.17b | DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 | DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15

DVD Drives
    Freecom DVD+/-RW 16B9 (2.49)

Media
    RiDisc 8x DVD-R 50 Tub (RITEKG05, 0/50 Burned, 0% Successful)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"burning at 4x speed"

This, a lower burn speed, is very likely the reason for your new-found success...

Comment

• vonserb
        • Jul 2005

I also just recently bought some Verbatim DVD-R's which work excellent in the Panasonic DVD player I have with every movie working great.

The failure's were:
        -Sony - total failure
        -Fuji - some worked, minor failure
        -Memorex -total junk

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Glad to hear that you're now a "happy camper" ;>}

But, I can assure you that, "turning off the option ('30mm burn for DVD+R compatibility' and the option for 'region free')" had nothing to do with your success - It's simply the result of using compatible media and (presumably) burning at a lower speed...

Comment

Working...