• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Wow, you are really helpful"

Aw shucks ;>}

Comment

• ChaosDealer73
      • Jul 2005

I made the audio a little fast that time, working on it a bit more, I just wish there was a percise way to get it to fit perfectly.

Comment

• ChaosDealer73
        • Jul 2005

Okay, update on the problem: I don't think that it is a problem with the Audio. See, I had the Japanese versions with subtitles, but I wanted the english versions, so I downloaded them, and after watching it, to look for errors, it seems to me that the video is a bit faster than the japanese one. I don't know if that is the problem, but I think it might be.

Comment

• ChaosDealer73
          • Jul 2005

Okay, I had been watchin (and testing) the episodes in Windows Media player, when I played the origional non-cut version in DivX, it was all synched and seemed fine. I guess Windows was just being mean to me. Thanks for all of you who helped, I still have yet to cut the origional, which does work fine.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

"Thanks for all of you who helped"

glad we could help

if your pc is multitasking, or even not a very fast CPU playing avi's with media player most often "lag" and the audio/video goes out of synch. i find that media player classic is best used when the file is converted to mpeg. it never does this.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Sounds like things are now working out for you. Congratulations!

Comment

• ChaosDealer73
                • Jul 2005

Okay, but I have just one more question! What is the best way to compress the entire file? The japense episodes I have are roughly 100mb, which is fine with me, but the ones I downloaded are 600mb each (3 to a file, as oposed to one. That is why I had to cut it.), when I cut them, it seems to save them as 400mb, what is the best way to compress the file so it does not take up such a large amount of space?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

what are these files going on? a dvd vcd? i'm not sure if you'll be able to compress them that much....what type of compression did they have and are you changing it to something else?
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"What is the best way to compress the entire file?"

The VirtualDub "File Information" that you've already posted indicates that the files are compressed with DivX v.5.21. I would not expect that you could compress them any further (by lowering the bitrate and/or audio quality) without creating poor quality results...

Comment

• ChaosDealer73
                      • Jul 2005

Well, as of the moment, I don't have a dvd burner, but If I just wanted to put them on a Data CD for backup n' such, I need to compress them a little more. Why when I cut them are they even bigger than they should be going by scale? (600mb / 3 should be about 200mb each, but they are about 400mb each).

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"Why when I cut them are they even bigger than they should be going by scale?"

Are you talking about the ORIGINAL files or those for which you converted the audio from (smaller) Variable Bitrate ("VBR") .MP3 audio to (larger) .WAV audio?

Comment

Working...