Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

how to tell if DV is actually DV ?

ok here it goes......

[done by the camera man]
    wedding video was taken using a dv camera.
    dv tapes were givin to some pro to edit it and give back as dvd's.
    because iv told him to give me edited movie [with background music, effects, slideshows,blabla] back on dv tapes, so i get 4 dv tapes, excluding the orignals.

now my question how to tell if they copied the the edited DV AVi back to DV tape and not the dvd mpeg2 file back to dv ?

why im asking:
    while capturing again to make dual layer disk i mistakenly captured orignal for few mins then re capture the edited one and found this.....

quality is different in the DV orignals & DV edited. orignals were bright & sharper, edited were dull and softer as happens while we use some anti noise function while making dvd.

Hint:
    i captured as DV-AVI not DVD MPEG2.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"quality is different in the DV orignals & DV edited. orignals were bright & sharper, edited were dull and softer"

WHY? - should be the question you have, regardless of the source...

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

Originally Posted by setarip
      WHY? - should be the question you have, regardless of the source...
      WHY? quality is different in the DV orignals & DV edited. orignals were bright & sharper, edited were dull and softer.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I was suggesting that you ask the person who provided you with the backup copy why it was "dull and softer", rather than taking it upon yourself to determine whether it was copied from the original DV tape or from the DVD.

That person should be obligated to provide you with a copy of equivalent quality to the original...

Comment

Working...