• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarit16
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

TV Tuner Advice needed.....help....~

howdi alll....im back....busy with college assignments...darn anoying....

i need some help with what tv tuner i can buy...what does everyone recomend...whatever that is really good so that i can tune my vcr to the computer and record the stuff onto pc, vcr to pc, i'm in australia so i also gotta make sure that the one recomended is available here...what else can a tv tuner do is there anything i should look out for, watch out for?

Cheers

sksk
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

WinTV PVR looks pretty good or if you fancy uping your graphics card at the same time the new Radeon 8500 All In Wonder is kicking

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

The new Geforce 3 Ti200, Ti300, or Geforce 4 are great for gaming, and video capture however they are expensive. WinTV is a no-frills cheap alternative, that is used by many people. However, high end graphics card distribute the processing of the signal between themselves and the cpu---if you're cpu is old you may notice that you can obtain higher quality with a higher end card. However, you may be interested in experimenting with many cards and then use the one that works for you.

Comment

• sarit16
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Dec 2001

Video Capture Card Info Help...

hoowdi all... sorry i got tv tuner mixed with video capture card...i wanna digitize vhs to dvd so any recomendations so far ive been told Pinnacle Pro. 7 or Pinnacle DC10 but there expensive. any other recomendations

cheers

sksk

Comment

• Ndb
          • Mar 2002

The ATi can capture to MPEG-2 (i.e. DVD) and don't cost much even a std Radeon AIW with a PIII-600 will capture MPEG-2 fine.

Comment

Working...