• Show
Clear All
  • tonay
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2005

DVD Home Movies

Howdy

What is the best program for authoring home movies from my Sony DVD Cam and creating DVD's? I hate the pixela image maker it came with. Adobe? Ulead? What is the most user friendly?

Thanks for the input.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

TMPGEnc DVD Author (A different program than TMPGEnc) would be the easiest and most efficient in my opinion. Although it is not free, you can download a 30 day fully functional trial to test it out. - http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

After seeing setarip talk about it frequently, I finally gave it a shot and am using the demo now and will more than likely buy it after the trial expires TmpGenc DVD Author is great.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

I've been using it for a couple of years off and on. I truly haven't found a better program that is simple and user friendly as TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Comment

• tonay
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Mar 2005

Free Trial

Not a bad program. It seems very easy to use. Does it make easy to skip to chapers etc...? Does it allow you to put multiple movies in a chapter? Just wonder as I'm bumbling thru it's use.

Thanks

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Yes, I believe it will do what you are wanting. Like I said, there is a 30 day fully functional trial. There will be no limitations on the trail, it will work just like if you had bought it.

I suggest you try everything that you are wanting to do before you buy it.

Comment

• SweetiePie
              • Aug 2003

@ tonay

Listen to jm1647, he's smart! Like jm1647 says, TMPGEnc DVD Author is a great program.

Does it make easy to skip to chapers etc...? Does it allow you to put multiple movies in a chapter?
              After you made the menu and burned the DVD you could skip chapters just like a bought DVD

If you mean can you delete or edit out chapters you don't want no more, sure you can

You could easy put multiple movies on one DVD, with a menu, either as all part of one title if they're all the same video and audio specs, or as separate titles if video or audio is different.

Comment

Working...