X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdoggvt
    • Jul 2005

Backup Storage

Hello all

I've been backing up my movies for some time now (thanks to everyone on the forum for all their contributed help) but now I am running into a storage problem.

I keep the backups in slim jewel cases (I don't trust the envelope sleeves... had bad experiences even with audio cds) and now that I have a hundred or so I need to keep them in a centralized location.

what have people on this forum done to work around this problem (which I'm sure is rather typical)? I've considered briefcase-like solutions as well as dvd racks, but I thought I'd consult the experts in this matter. I move around a lot so the more compact the storage the better.

thanks in advance
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i keep em in jewels and in an old dresser/drawer...
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• SweetiePie
      • Aug 2003

Got mine in antistatic doublesided sleeves in looseleaf binders. never had a problem

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

some in jewel cases on the shelf and alot in cd/dvd wallets/suitcases

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

I keep most of my backups in slim jewel cases with the rectangular part up top where I have the title and the rest of the front has the graphics from the original DVD(some are in paper sleeves with the lil window in the middle) in cardboard boxes with no top and about an inch shorter than the jewel case. The boxes are long enuff to hold 75 slim jewel cases and are easy to handle and flip through the DVD's. These are kept in the section of my entertainemnt center that has doors and is below the TV. I also put a 1lb bag of dessicant in there.

Comment

Working...