Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete rodgers
    • Jul 2005

convert mini dv ntsc to pal

My mini dv camera -which recorded in Ntsc is broken and unrepairable. I want to edit my tapes - about 50 in all - on Final Cut pro which is installed on my MAC. I guess I could buy another NTSC format camera to make the transfer but I see from your forum comments that pal is much better and I would be better off buying a pal camera for the future. So, can I transfer these ntsc tapes to my iBook without buying a new ntsc type camera?
    You wil have guessed that I am a newcomer - I only hope that this makes sense.
    Peter
  • SweetiePie
    • Aug 2003

I guess I could buy another NTSC format camera to make the transfer but I see from your forum comments that pal is much better and I would be better off buying a pal camera for the future.
    don't know what you saw in the forum but if you're in the US or Canada you want to use only NTSC. PAL format doesn't playback right on most US DVD players and TVs

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

stay with the format of the region you live in ie region 1/2. when you convert from one format to the other you use alot of time and run the risk of audio/video sync problems unless done correctly

Comment

Working...