Can I test a dvd for errors before copying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericb
    • Jan 2005

Can I test a dvd for errors before copying?

I borrowed a dvd from a friend of mine, and used DVD shrink to make a copy of it. Towards the end of the dvd, it gets all messed up, and won't play, and my dvd player displays a "disc is dirty" message. But I know that's not the case, b/c it was a brand new blank dvd.

I think the original disc I copied was either scratched or dirty or had an error in the original, and dvd shrink just "copied" the scratch or error onto my new copy.

Is there a program or a way of testing the disc for these types of problems before I make a copy of it? Obviously watching the entire thing isn't a feasible option.

It doesn't happen that often, but when it does it's quite annoying. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
  • SweetiePie
    • Aug 2003

if you owned the original DVD you could return it to the store where you bought it for a new one

Comment

• ericb
      • Jan 2005

Thanks, but it's not necessarily a store bought dvd, it's happened with a dvd of home video footage too.

I was just looking for something to test for this, as I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...