X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ineedaname
    • Jul 2005

Video disruption during playback

Hello,

For the past week or two i've been getting flickering colored dots during video playback. I've been searching and seaching for a possible solution, but nothing. Some names popped up like "Luminance noise" and "snow" that's about it. I tried using different codecs, and deleting some and that helped minimizing the frequency of the dots, but not by much.

It's not just video playback either, noise has been appearing in still images as well, so I have no clue. I'm using updated codecs and video drivers.
    Attached Files
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

if your O/S is xp you may want to try a shutdown, re-start and a system restore to when things were ok....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Ineedaname
      • Jul 2005

I found out that my video card was the problem. I popped in another card and they're all gone now. Not too happy about it though. Glad I didn't go and format everything.

thanks anyways.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

anytime
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...