Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kidd76
    • Aug 2005

no sound on DVD-R

First off I'd like to say thank you, this site has been very helpful to say the least. I came to this site not knowing anything about backing up DVD's or coverting to DVD formats. With that being said on to my problem. After converting an AVI to MPEG2 with TMPGEnc and then authoring with TMPGEnc author and then burning to DVD-R with TMPGEnc Author there is no sound in standalone DVD player. I've been seaching the forums for two days with no solution so any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

does the original file have sound, and does it have sound after encoding with tmpgenc? (not tmpgenc dvd author)

post a screnn shot of the audio /video file information from a program like virtualdub/mod (freeware)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• kidd76
      • Aug 2005

file is fine before encoding but no sound after encoding and do want the screen shot before or after the encoding
      Last edited by kidd76; 4 Aug 2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

before, the original file.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• kidd76
          • Aug 2005

Ok when i try to open with virtualdub it says it has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. this may introduce up to 8890 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the entire audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 131.1 9.5 kbps)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

that's fine hit ok and post the file information...we know it has VBR audio.

This is usually caused by the compression on the audio of the source file. If it is an AVI file it is very common. With an AVI file the easiest things to do here are set DirectShow Multimedia File Reader's priority to 2 or even better demcompress the audio!

To change the priority of DirectShow, this is dont simply by clicking option - environmental setting. Click the VFAPI plug-in tab. You will see DirectShow in the list usually with a priority of -1. Right click on the NAME (not the priority) and click higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. To decompress the audio for better results, do the following with VirtualDUB...

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
            2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
            3. Click Audio - Compression. Select and click ok!
            4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 4 Aug 2005, 11:10 AM.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• kidd76
              • Aug 2005

thank you for the help i will post the results when i finish

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

yw, please do
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• kidd76
                  • Aug 2005

Again thank you columbo that took care of it

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

"Again thank you columbo that took care of it"

anytime kidd

BTW, which method did you use?
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• kidd76
                      • Aug 2005

I used virtualdub method but will also try directshow method

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

glad it worked out for ya
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...