Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paxox
    • Aug 2005

editing mpegs

I've just started using a Sony DVD handycam and now would like to edit my first dvd. I do not only want to cut shots which I can do without, but I would also like to separate one shot from another....and create new vob files. How can I do that...and is there any editing software available. I found software which can cut or trim mpeg2, but not one which can separate one part from the other. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

not quite sure what you're trying to do but if you want to extraxt a part/s and make new vob's from the extracted parts I would use womble's mpeg video wizard to extract the part/s to the dvd compliant mpeg 1/2. then you use a dvd authoring program such as Tmpgenc dvd Author to make the vob,ifo and bup files. Is this what you mean ?

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

I would recommend MPEG Video Wizard and TMPGEnc DVD Author as well. I use them all the time.

You can extract from/combine mpegs as much as you want.

Comment

• paxox
        • Aug 2005

Thanks for the help so far. What I want to do is to split and join mpegs without losing the split shots.

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by paxox
          Thanks for the help so far. What I want to do is to split and join mpegs without losing the split shots.

You can do it easily with MPEG Video Wizard. It creates a new MPEG file so the source MPEGS are not overwritten.

Comment

Working...