Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mreib
    • Mar 2002

TMPGEnc audio trouble

Newbee here. I Down loaded a Movie in 3 parts. The 1st part is 703mb. Unfortunately it's too big for me to burn onto a CD. ( Thought I tried anyway.) So what I decided to do was to use the TPMGEnc program to glue the 3 parts back together. Then Recut it so that I could fit all 3 parts onto CD's. But when I did that , I lost the audio in the middle part of the movie. So it's just the 2nd part of the movie that has no volume. Part 1's & 3's audio is fine. Now remember I'm new at this, so be gentle.
    I compared some of the info they were all the same:

Video codec = MPEG video decoder
    Video= frame size fps 352x288,25000fps (40000us)

Audio Codec = WMplug
    Average bit rate 1149(41kbs)
    Audio= format 44khz stereo, 224kbs layerII
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Don't know why you're having that problem, but based on the information you've posted, the files appear to be set to be burned as three VCDs (VCDs are based on time, similar to audio CDs, rather than filelength). Use NERO to simply burn them (not format) as VCDs. If NERO tells you that they are not inVCD format (merely "plain vanilla" MPEG1), then and only then allow NERO to both format and burn them as VCDs.

Just to be on the safe side, use 80 minute (700Meg) CD-Rs.

Let us know of your success ;>}

By the way, does the original Part 2 play with audio?

Comment

• Mreib
      • Mar 2002

Yes part 2 plays perfectly, on it's own. I am using 700mb 80min CD's. Were do I get "NERO"? By the way. I appreciate you taking time to help me.I really am new to this.

Comment

• Mreib
        • Mar 2002

Confused?

The problem is that I cant fit the 1st part onto a 700mb 80min CD. It's too large.
        So what I'm attempting to do is combine all 3 parts together and then re-splice them back to sizes that will fit on a CD. I don't understand why I need to burning them with Nero. (Which I did D/L by the way.) Don't I need to get them back together 1st?

Comment

• Mreib
          • Mar 2002

Nero Did it!!!

I used the NERO program to record the 1st part.( It took me a while to figure it out.) But It worked. I was using the easy cd creator program, but it only has 2 setting audio or data. The NERO program has the video setting which did the trick. My only Problem is all the extra files that were downloaded with the movie. The actual movie is in a file (MPEGAV) that I didnt askto D/L. Any Idea on how to D/L without the extra files? If you don't, fear not. My main objective has been accomplished.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

As I said in my previous post, it appears that you've downloaded "ready-to-burn" VCDs - with all of the directories and component files.

Be satisfied that you've successfully resolved your problem about creating the three VCDs ;>}

Comment

Working...