Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rugby07
    • May 2005

How to get movies to play on DVD Player

I transfered some home movies to dvd's to show to family when I visit but when I try to play them on my Toshiba portable DVD player keeps giving me "check disk " message- It plays other pre recorded DVDs fine and my home player plays the home movie DVDs fine but for some reason will not play together. Any suggestions what I can do. Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

use different media. contact tech support and see if they can suggest a good media. i'd do this before just trying one type to reduce the chance of this happening again.

what is the media ID of the discs?burn speed?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• 2COOL
      Kamen Moderator V3
      • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by rugby07
      but when I try to play them on my Toshiba portable DVD player keeps giving me "check disk " message-
      Are you using +R media?
      2CL C Henshin!
      If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• logic2004
        • Aug 2005

may you used a divx/mpeg4 compression this time and your toshiba doesn't support this codec?

just an idea.....

Comment

Working...