X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corea83
    • Aug 2005

Increase video and audio quality

Hi
    I think maybe someone know how to increase a video quality to aproximate to a dvd
    Most popular formats over the internet .avi DIVX video have an exelent quality but isnt compatible in a standar dvd palyers.
    I have very intresting music videos that i downloaded from the internet and i have been searching a way to reencode to increase de quality to make a DVD with those videos.
    All ive got are many cheap programs the change the format but the final video just SUCKS!!
    In many sites forums and video guides tells me that is imposible to make that but i think in the remaster DVDs like a Jethro tull from the isle of white was recorded in early 70s and now we got a DVD(with DVD Quality)
    Intresting someone can make it why we can not.
    Any reference helpful answer reply o send my an email jjcorea231283@yahoo.es
    Please dont reply saying that is imposible
    Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"Most popular formats over the internet .avi DIVX video have an exelent quality but isnt compatible in a standar dvd palyers."

many players support divx
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• corea83
      • Aug 2005

The point is the quality

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

what about it? your file will only be as good as what you are starting with...you can't take something that is poor quality and make it into dvd quality...
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Mig$y
          Retired
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
          what about it? your file will only be as good as what you are starting with...you can't take something that is poor quality and make it into dvd quality...
          Valid point LT

You may get better results if you experiment with different conversion s/w:
          These guides describes how to convert a video to DVD, VCD, SVCD, CVD or AVI,DivX,Xvid, ASF and more.

TMPGenc is my personal fave in conjuction with TMPGenc DVD Author.

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

The best you will ever going to do is equal the picture quality.

Have you tried the freeware program DiVXtoDVD?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

"TMPGenc is my personal fave in conjuction with TMPGenc DVD Author."

that goes double for me
              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...