Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jennishupe
    • May 2005

Trying New Media

HI all, I am just wondering if any one has had probs with Khypermedia dvd+R, i have never tried them. I dont know if all disks are compatiable with all burners?? Any ideas?? Also has any one had a hard time with Along came Polly not working???

Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"I dont know if all disks are compatiable with all burners?? Any ideas?? "

they definetly aren't. i'd find out from the manufacturer. most now have little lists on there web page, or their tech support will telll you what disc are good for that unit.

if not i'd suggest sony or verbatim, taiyo yuden, tdk etc.

along came polly, what is the problem?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

I backed up "Along Came Polly" using just DVD Shrink 3.2 I think. (Been awhile since that movie came out)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

damn good one too
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jennishupe
          • May 2005

it tells me that it burned, but when i try and check it it fails, and i tried to check it in 2 diff players

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

what do you mean by fails? won't read/play, skips?
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jennishupe
              • May 2005

It wont play at all. In one player it says that there is a disk error and in the other, it just turns itself off. I tired to doing before on a diff brand and it didnt work the either, so i am not sure if its just the movie or the dvd. I guess i need to try doing another movie with them. I just bought them and this is the first one i tried

To be more clear, it goes through the burn phases and says it is completed and then it wont work when i try to watch it

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Try burning them at 2x or 2.4X. What kind (brand) of media are you using?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

jmet:

"Khypermedia dvd+R,"
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Ewww, get some better media.

Comment

• jennishupe
                      • May 2005

Is that a Bad Kind/?? I never used it before, and they were on sale so i thought i would try them. Any Idea where i can get a list too see if they are compatible, i went to the website of my burner and cant see anything and i also went to the site of the meida and i dont see anythng. Just my luck they wont work, o well i guess its a good things they were on sale

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

"Ewww"

you know you have bad media when this is the reaction you get

what is the make and model# of the burner AND the dvd player that these movies will play in?
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

Khypermedia brand media is very low quality. Hence why they were on "sale".

If your going to buy from a actual store like Best Buy close to you, try to get "Verbatim" media.

If you really want to get the good stuff (best in my opinion), buy some Taiyo Yuden DVD+R's from meritline.com, that is what I get. - http://meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...r-thermal.html

Comment

Working...