Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveb_ftd
    • Mar 2002

Can Someone Please Help Me?

This is my first post on this forum, so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

I use my Sony Playstation 2 as my sole DVD player (i am poor!), and wish to play region one disks (i am in the UK, so region 2 is the standard). I purchased a Datel region-free disk, which allows this, and a copy of Training Day on DVD. However, when I play the disk, it is only in black and white. I am using an RGB composite lead from the PS2 into the back of my Schneider TV (i told you I was poor!), but do not know how, on the playstation 2, to convert the picture from NTSC into pseudo PAL, or PAL 60. Can anyone please help me?

If anyone who is kind enough to offer advice needs any more details, just post here.

Thank you in advance,

Steve
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

You need a TV that supports NTSC or you will always get B&W pictures. You can get a box that does this, but a new TV may be cheaper Even the cheap and nasty ones in Tesco's (UK) etc support NTSC these days.

Anyway you could afford a PS2, so you aint that poor, or at least you weren't before you bought it

Comment

Working...