Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicosoto
    • Mar 2002

what program should i use to rip?

Hi!! I am new to this movie copying thing. I have been using flaskmpg to encode but I find that the quality is very poor. i also tried EASYDIVX and it is poor quality as well. Does anyone know of a good program? I would even be willing to pay for a decent program. Thanks!!!

chicosoto
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Many people use flaskmpeg for dvd ripping. The quality of the capture depends on original source, and the values or parameters that you establish in the software. In other words, a poor capture is not the result of the software.

You may want to provide further details on your problem. Also, read the guides at vcdhelp.com and divx-digest.com. Other software for dvd ripping is given in at divx-digest.com Nandub, XMPEG, and I believe Smartripper etc...

Setarip (digital overlord knows lots about digital media) uses another software, search the forum for his posts, or maybe ask him and you'll find out.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I suggest you get yourself really familiar with Flask. While its quality does not compare to nandub or Virtualdub (4.x/5 2-pass), it is not bad either and in fact, more friendly to beginners.

A good way to know what's wrong with your encoding is for you to provide us with the methods that you used. That way we can point out what's not supposed to be and what's supposed to have been added in.

Comment

• sarit16
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Dec 2001

Try this Prog

howdi there, i remember i asked the same question, when i first was ripping VCD's, try EZ VCD to DVD its awsome it's like very small prog, but u can rip (Step 1), then use AVI 2 DVD to convert to Wav and d2v files and then use NTSC or PAL format conversion using TMPENGC.

Ripping at like 5000Kb/s

It's Awsome

Cheers

sksk

Comment

Working...