Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themoose1109
    • Sep 2005

Help Please

Using DVD Shrink....Is it normal for a movie to take 2-3 hours to copy??? I am using DVD Shrink and it takes like 2 hours to encode a movie after I rip it to my C Drive....Is this normal??
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum themoose1109!

Check your DMA settings - How ? do this -> Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers> Right Click Primary IDE channel (and Secondary IDE channel after you finish with Primary)> Properties> Advanced Settings Tab> Transfer Mode or go here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Do the above from both "Primary & Secondary IDE channels".

I (We) and you need to look at whats in both "Transfer Mode" and "Current Transfer Mode". Screen shot below is what I'm talking about.

If it is in "PIO" mode. Click the "Driver" tab, and uninstall the driver. Then reboot. Upon rebooting windows will automatically reinstall the driver and it should go back to "DMA" mode.

(Your screen may or may not look the same as my screen shots)

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Are you using a very fast computer or a very old one?

Comment

• phoenix
        • Aug 2005

The Phoenix bird builds its nest which at the same time is its funeral pyre, and then setting it alight cremates itself. But it arises anew from the ashes transformed.

Comment

Working...