Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat_Monkey
    • Sep 2005

Shooting at night

Hi, I have a Sony DCR-HC1000 and I am having trouble shooting at night. I can't seem to find an option anywhere on the camera for shooting during the night like night-vision. IS there a setting on this camera for shooting during the night? Am I retarded? If there isn't a setting for shooting at night is there anyway I can make things show up better, such as a night vision lens (do they even make those)?
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

night vision hmm...... now every camera has somthing called can record at minimum xxx LUX, usually they even say 0 lux [total crap]. almost every camera has that option that 0 Lux which actually records by using infrared beam, but only in black / white. total garbage. better cameras can record at minimum light better with B/W and soso with color. now use the magnifing glass on ur manual.. or should i say ur camera's manual lol
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• shulthise
      Professional Amateur
      • May 2003

Well, according to this website the DSC-HC1000 camcorder "Offers a infrared enhanced night vision"

See at the bottom of this page:

I couldn't find a manual for this camcorder at teh sonystyle.com website though..
      the website has always been, and still is, messy..

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

woh Dat_Monkey wont gonna like this review . he spend some money and the reviewer hated the camera .

though i always finds not all reviews should taken seriously, specially if u like ur product
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• shulthise
          Professional Amateur
          • May 2003

editorial reviews LTD

I never consider editorial reviews a major parameter when I buy stuff, for several reasons:
          a) They are sometimes tilted for commercial reasons (they are paid for by the manufacturer or distributor.. )
          b) The people that do the review are often biased; they are human after all..

What I typically do is I search forums on the web for opinions of people that have/own the thing I'm interested in, and after they have the thing for a while – they are not so exited about the thing and they can really point to the good and bad stuff.

Another thing I sometime do is I go to a technical or support forum and search for reoccurring reports about problems.
          Last edited by shulthise; 25 Sep 2005, 09:10 PM. Reason: typo...

Comment

Working...