X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

yalgaar

my software (compro ) captures them in any form i want based on the third party codecs i have on my system. but i use strictly mpeg-1 at the moment as i don't archive (i watch and erase). it is a PCI card, so easy to install it's ridiculous, for my mpeg-1 captures 1 hour of video equals about 610 MB.
    it isn't "smart" as you say, i have to edit commercials etc, i can set the timer to record while i'm away, it has it's own remote, FM tuner, timeshifting. not bad for 60$.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Yalgaar
      • Oct 2005

All this solution may not need what I actually need. After some more research I have found out the my cable company "Cablevision" provides and monthly plan which will cost me 10$ more on my regular subscription and it will provide me with a special "DVR" box which can be programmed to record whatever I want in my absence. THIS IS COOL!!!

Now the problem is that the DVD box can store only around 100 hours of video. I want all this video to be transferred to DVD's

Any ideas? Do I still need a TV capture/tuner card?

Let me know if you would need any more info about my cable plan or the box that they provide.

Thanks

Comment

Working...