Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • {UgD}Iggy
    • Apr 2002

Subtitle Removal....

Alright People I got a new one for ya. I'm new as you can see, but this is an interesting forum...anyways...
    As I was browsing thru the posts and all I saw on subtitles were on how to create and convert...well...in my case...I need to know how to get rid of them? Without the use of Virtual Dub? Thx for reading....

--I'll Be back--(to help others)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although you weren't specific in your posting, I'm assuming that you've got a DivX-compressed .AVI which contains permanently embedded subtitles (as would such a file created by Flask or other similar conversion programs). If so, there are two obvious questions:

1) Are the subtitles in a black border or across the actual image? If they're across the actual image, you're simply out of luck.

2) Since, if they are in a black border, VirtualDub is the ideal tool for eliminating them, why are you specifically stipulating, "Without the use of Virtual Dub?" ?

Comment

• {UgD}Iggy
      • Apr 2002

Virtual Dub logoaway does not work well with my computer and its settings

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I would ask you once again, are the subtitles in a black border or across the actual image? If they're across the actual image, you're simply out of luck.

Comment

• {UgD}Iggy
          • Apr 2002

Oh sorry, mmm depends on the black border, the single letters have a black border.....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Perhaps someone else can communicate better with you...

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

{UgD}Iggy, can you post a screen capture from the movie here, with the subtitle visible? We can help you point out if the subtitle is removable or not.

Comment

Working...