Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott1e
    • Jun 2005

Video Problems Persist

Ill just start by saying sorry that this may not be in the right forum, I looked over and couldnt find where it should be..

Gday guys,
    Ive posted my problem on here a few times in the past with no avail, and my problem still exists.
    Sometime in the last 6 months I bought a NVidia GeForce 6600GT 128mb and it was working fine... In the later part of the 6 months it stopped running videos.. I formatted numerous times with no luck.. This was a universal problem over all video players..
    With no codec's installed it would run the video's without picture (sound only) and with codecs installed it would cease up and my CPU usage for Windows Media Player would be at 99% until I ctrl/alt/dlt and shut the program down..
    Just this morning I chucked my old GeForce MX4000 128mb in and hey presto it ran video's no problem...
    I chucked my 6600GT back in after and instead of crashing up it just shut down my computer...
    I hope someone has an explanation for this as ive been looking for one for ages..
    Cheers,
    Scott
  • scott1e
    • Jun 2005

i've found the only way to fix it is to use drivers older than nVidia forceware 73.00 atm im using 72.12 WHQL drivers and it's fine

however im concerned i'll need newer drivers later to play new games :S

and here i was googling for hours to no avail...

let us know if you have any other ideas, because it took about hours and hours and i finally brought it down to the drivers, however im positive i've played videos with newer drivers before this and it worked fine =\

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10 to download old drivers btw
    This is from someone on another forum and is a viable solution to my ongoing problem!! just for future reference..

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

nastyfileremover is also on the same server
      Last edited by Chewy; 23 Oct 2005, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...