X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • music man
    • Jan 2002

cutting and joining mpegs..whats the best

cutting/joining mpeg files..whats best
    hi,ive been using tmpg to join 2 large mpegs so then i can split them into 3 parts to put on a cd..here's my problem when i join them together with tmpg..i then goto play the file back but where ive joined them the sound is way out of sync..any ideas why this is and is there any other programs to cut and join mpegs..virtualdub is brilliant 4 cuttin and joinin avi's together but doesnt support mpeg files

any one put me in the right direction..
    tx 4 your time
    sean
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I continue to use the older v1.2C of TMPGEnc for cutting and merging and have not run into the difficulty you've described. It's possible that the more recent 2.xxx versions are flawed in this regard.

The other thought that comes to mind is, do the files you are joining together have like audiostreams (e.g. 224Kbps, 44,100)? If not, perhaps this is a contributing factor.

Comment

• sarit16
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

Yep i agree with setarip

yep try using the older version of tmpeg or use liqufier to edit audio and syc it, cool edit pro is also awsome.

Try and get liquifier of any p2p

sksk

Comment

• Vidbox
        • Nov 2001

Cutting & Merging

I perfer to use Ulead DVD Movie Factory - it does an excellent cut (on your mark and no more). However, as far as sync goes it's my experience that this happens then one of your cuts lost a few frames along the way.

Comment

Working...