Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rck60s
    • Nov 2001

avi/mpeg-4 to Mpeg2 Is there a program that will convert

I have an avi ( Divx) file that apparently is MPEG4...I need to convert this file to MPEG 2 so my DVD burner will work and I can burn to DVD...Is there any program available that can convert these avi(mpeg4) files back to mpeg 2 or avi real files so they can be then converted to MPEG2 and burned on DVD?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

TMPGEnc...

Comment

• Rck60s
      • Nov 2001

I have tried to use the demo version but it says that I need a certain codec that is not present on my machine...Are you sure this can decode MPEG4/DIVX so it can be written to DVD..When I converted last night I got sound but no picture

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

DivX v.3.11alpha and all DivX v.4.xxx - but not (yet) the recently release DivX v.5.0...

Comment

• Rck60s
          • Nov 2001

Are you speaking about the full version or the demo?...Do you know if they are working on Divx 5.0 as well? When I use it to convert it tells me that I am missing the required codec(mp43) to uncompress...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

You'll find that codec in one of the many codec "packs" available at DVDDigest and DivXDigest...

Comment

• Rck60s
              • Nov 2001

Thank yo for that response...I have downloaded the plus version but I keep getting error cannot load P3package.dll I have loaded and unloaded and reinstalled at least 5 times...What am I doing wrong...I have uncompressed the file and now I am trying to convert it to MPEG2 but MPGEnc will not work because of this error message...HELP!!!!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Did you download and install the required companion VFAPI file as well?

Comment

Working...