Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vincerelli
    • Nov 2005

Computer Media Player

I have a myriad of video clips that will be played on a big screen this Christmas. However, the people running the equipment do not have as much experience as I do and will need an easy way to show the media. I have the resources of a dual monitor setup and am wondering if there is some software out there that allows for easy playlist creation and progression from one video to the next. These clips will be on DVD but I do not want the audience to see the DVD menus (I want this as professional as possible). So if anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Floppy

I am not so sure about my suggestion is it would work on a DVD media or in fact to change from a file to the next as a DVD file would this need to be...

However having said that a autorun.inf file can hold many 'secrets' inside and the creation of the sequence you are trying to achieve is not impossible...

I have not tried this over a DVD with different files but I would give it a go....

Also

I quite like Nerovision Express in the way I can throw in bits and pieces in any given sequence 'hint' and choose not to have a menu for the compilation....

Together with the the autorun.inf file to kick the whole lot off I guess this is the best I can do...

I'll even point you in the direction of the 'guilty' party.... for freeware! :lol:

Autorun creator click here

Comment

• vincerelli
      • Nov 2005

What would be really nice is if on one monitor I would have a window to click which video to play and on the other monitor a full screen video. Get my drift??

Comment

• Floppy

When you said that you didnt want to have a menu but a playlist there is one thing amongst many you can do and that is to turn all these videos into separate mpegs and burn them on the DVD

If the DVD is already inserted you can pre prepare a window on one monitor to explore the contents of the DVD and assign the player window to play on one particular screen (right clicling on that window and sending to desktop 1 or 2). All that your viewers have to do is click on each icon for the respective file...

I have a Video card that allows me to choose which window opens on which monitor, (with the card makers drivers installed nvidia in my case) like you I have my videos playing on screen (TV) wilst the other PC stuff is running on my other screen (computer screen)...

there is not a single click software that will do this for you (as far as I know)
        Last edited by Guest; 10 Nov 2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• vincerelli
          • Nov 2005

well what player could show the video on the secondary screen without having say a windows bar on the top of the window?

Comment

• Floppy

well windows media player 10 when in full screen shows no text on the window at all and because it is on full screen with no interference (mouse activity) the play/stop/pause controls will disappear completly within seconds, leaving just a maximun viewable area (like a TV screen)...

other software choices I would go for Nero media player but I am sure that many other users would recomend a dozen alternatives....

I recommend what the great majority of users already have installed and personally I make a point of not cluttering my HDD with redundant software when I already have the one's that do the job just as well...

But on a more personal note I say each to theire own....

Are my posts leadingto the results you wanted?

Comment

Working...