• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivandervaeren
    • Aug 2004

2 DVD-RW drives on same PC? Problem?

Hi Guys,
    I wish someone could help me with this.
    I currently have a Mat****a 8587 DVD-ROM drive as well as a brand new NEC ND4550 DVD-RW drive. Every time I try to copy DVD's from DVD+R's, my DVD-ROM just won't read +R's (not even -R's actually) so that I always have to copy first to my HD and then to my DVD.

My question is: could I just replace my DVD-ROM drive with the former Liteon DVD-RW 851S I had before? Would it cause compatibility problems or whathever if I connect 2 DVD-RW drives onto my pc? And, if I can, which drive should I put on slave or master?

Thanks for your help.
  • MARK E
    • Oct 2005

Copying to the hard drive first is probably the best option anyway copy on the fly or from drive to drive can lead to errors.

But to answer your question yes you can have 2 burners in your pc I would set whichever one you put in the top bay as master and the other as slave.
    Remember that most burners will be slower at ripping a DVD than a standard DVD Rom drive !.

Comment

• MARK E
      • Oct 2005

Also Just incase you did not know this already if you are making a duplicate of a DVD+R disc you will need to use a DVD+R to record on.

To record onto another format i.e -R you would need to use a reauthoring software.

Comment

• Lownox
        • Jun 2005

What is your current configuration for your HD & DVD drives? How are they connected to the Mobo in relation to the primary and secondary IDE channels.
        AMD Athlon 2600+
        1G Ram
        (2) WD 120G HD
        Plextor 716A
        NEC 3550

Comment

• Floppy

I have two plextors 716A no sweat....

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Right now I have 2 IDE HDD on a SATA/150 PCI controller card, 2 HDD's on the IDE primary and 2 DVD devices on the IDE secondary - I always have 1 burner(primary) and a DVD ROM and sometimes swap the DVD ROM for another DVD burner on the secondary and have no problems at all

Comment

Working...