X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snow_child
    • Dec 2005

PC to TV

hi can some help me with my problem???

i have ati 800xl for my desktop. it has tv converter and stuff i think. but last time when i try to coonect my pc to tv, i cannot watch movie at all. the movie is playing fine on my Window media player but it doesnt come up on my tv. on the tv screen i can see my desktop and stuff as well as the media player. however, the media player on my tv screen show blank while it shows movie on my PC screen. i also tried Real player and quick time but they all act the same. is there something i can do so that i can watch movie on my tv from my pc. btw, the movie i'm playing is not dvd or vcd. the movie is just a file i download from the internet.thanks
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

set your tv to be the 'primary' display, it should work just fine
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

sounds like you're settings aren't correct Display Properties">settings. from here you should be able to set your settings. make sure both displays are enabled. try to clone the tv to the monitor. most software should allow this
      Last edited by tigerman8u; 23 Dec 2005, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• timboyd
        • Dec 2005

I don't think its anything to do with settings, as you can see the desktop and anything else you like apart from the display on the media player. Something is blocking the image from getting through.
        I have just joined to look for the answer to exactly this same problem, as I cannot "see" any content on any type of player. I have tried WinDvd 3, 4, platinum, PowerDVD and Windows media player.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Ah, that has to do with the overlay mode. Here is how to take it off (in WMP):

Talk about general digital video topics not part of the categories/forums below
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

or better yet, use vmr9 in 'media player classic'. (go into options, click 'output' & select vmr9)
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• timboyd
              • Dec 2005

Thanks guys, I have WMP v7.00.00 and it doesn't have an advanced option on the performance tab, but I dont want to use WMP, I'd like to use WinDVD or Power DVD. Any other ideas? (I will try downloading WMP classic anyway)

Comment

• timboyd
                • Dec 2005

Still no content picture

I have just installed Media Player Classic v6.4.8.7, set the output to VMR9 (trying both windowed and renderless) and still nothing showing inside the player screen.
                I have tried routing my output cable straight to the tv instead of the video, same result. I do appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...