Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulAdkins
    • Nov 2001

~@#%!#$^!#%^&@%$&@$%&@$&@

I've downloaded and tried possibly all of the ripping utilities and converters out there -- but can't rip anything but the intro file (which is about 8MB).

I've successfully gotten that far using all the programs that follow: the old DVD2MPG utility in conjunction with then Xing MPEG encoder, Vidomi (392), and the DVD2AVI (1.84) utility used in conjunction with TMPGEnc (21.01.30.116).

Typically what happens is that the programs will run into an error and disappear. At best, I end up with a 500 MB slideshow of various screen shots liberally spaced throughout the video.

Anyone else experience this and know what the solution is?

In case this may be an issue, here's some system specs:

PIII 550 Mhz 512 kb cache
    160 MB PC100 unbuffered RAM
    plenty of HDD space
    WinMe

In summary: I can rip files onto my drive, but cant really go anywhere from there USING the larger 1GB video objects. (I've also tried extracting the video objects into more managable parts, but error out as usual.)

Better yet, I would really appreciate any links to sites where I can learn about the actual ripping and encoding routines so that I could write my own algorithm.

Cheers
    p.s. I highly recommend BLOW with JDepp and PCruz
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Hi there
    There is a great tutorial on this site in the tutorila section and also here : http://pub92.ezboard.com/bripandburn in the tutorial section. If you follow step by step you shouldnt have too many problems, fingers crossed

Cheers

Comment

Working...