Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldrockhouse
    • Dec 2005

New Burner not starting automatically

First Thank you to everyone who has taught on this site. You have made it so easy to back up my DVDs ( We don't have TV so that's all we have). I have 9 kids, and if I don't back them up, I lose money because they aren't as careful as they could be

I have burned over 800 backups with no problems. I have always used Verbatim disks and followed all the golden rules of burning. I have searched the site for someone else who used to have things work great, but now has trouble burning too. I know how it works from the manuals I have printed off this site, but I don't understand computer talk like file names, how to change write speed, and such. I am more of a computer illiterate type...do this, then do that etc...

My old burner died an ignomanious death this week and Best buy replaced it free under warranty with an HP Lightscribe Dual layer burner. It came with Nero 6 which is what I had downloaded previously and used.

DVD Shrink still works great, but at the end of encoding, it no longer opens an automatic burn window and starts. Now it saves the files like it use to so when I manually open a burn from "My computer" it has to analyze and encode (albeit faster) again. Now I have to click on the buner and input the file and burn with DVD Dycrptor or Img4. Before I could click on backup in DVD Shrink and walk away until the tray popped out for the blank DVD. Is there any way to get it automatic again??

Also, sometimes the movie will analyze fine, and then encode to 99% and fail. Is there a way to get what it has encoded and burn that much (sometimes it only fails in the ending credits) and end the file without finishing 100%??

Thanks so much and please use Step by step answers if there is a solution. (I would love to be able to understand what you all have learned, but I'm just glad your manuals are so great!)
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

read this FAQ by mig$y

i'd uninstall your previous version of nero with the clean tool, then install the one that came with your new burner.

Centre de téléchargement Nero - Découvrez nos produits ! ✓Nero Platinum Suite ✓Nero Single Products ✓Nero Content Packs ✓Free Products ✓Free Tools ✓Windows Store Apps ► Plus d'infos ici
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

uninstall dvdshrink and reinstall it. dvdshrink looks for nero when you install it.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

first LT.'s then tiger's

Comment

• snappel01
          • Aug 2005

When you back up the dvd under dvd shrink, and it gives you all of the options, have you went to burning to see if the burning option has been selected. I had that problem once and it drove me crazy. Come to find out, it was not even selected..
          Hope this helps.

Comment

• oldrockhouse
            • Dec 2005

Thanks you all three for helping me. that worked!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

glad we could help
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...