• Show
Clear All
  • boonclee
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2005

DVD player

I live in the US...
    I have been going through many dvd players...

Anyone has a reliable dvd player they can suggest that handles different formats...(i have found that cheap ones handles the most...but they tend to need replacing after 6 months!!)
    thanks

P.S. I wont hold anyone to it.... Just wanna suggesttion..
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

If you are referring to a standalone DVD player, take a look here to find one

Comment

• boonclee
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Mar 2005

yes ...stand alone dvd player...but any particular one?,,, (i dont need one that cooks and clean)

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Follow the link I suggested. There is a search function very useful. Specify what formats do you want to play and see results. The more options you inserts, the more accurate will be the search

Comment

• Floppy

I dont know if you can buy it anymore but I have had a Naiko N1170 for a while now.

It was a xmas present and this xmas 3 years still works fine there are available hacks on the net for it to make it multi region disable macrovision and loads more....

I saw one for sale in a DVD rental shop for £24.99 a year and a half ago it plays all usual formats but the new divx...

Mind never looked at another one and looks great....

I dont think you can buy it anymore though...

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

I have the Sony DVP-NS425P stand alone DVD player that plays both -R/RW and +R/RW formats. I've had it for about 2 years and have never had a single problem with it. My mother owns one and so does my brother. They have had no problems out of theirs either.

Here are 2 similar model numbers at BestBuy:

Shop online at Best Buy in your country and language of choice. Best Buy provides online shopping in a number of countries and languages.

Shop online at Best Buy in your country and language of choice. Best Buy provides online shopping in a number of countries and languages.
            Last edited by jmet; 8 Dec 2005, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...