X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nate
    • Dec 2005

TMPGEnc Batch help!

Hi All,
    This is what im trying to do with TMPG; I have a folder with many subfolders containing mpg files and I want to process all those files at once. I know I can add them to a batch list 1 by 1 but im wondering if there is something that will go through all those subfolders and add them automatically and process them. I should add that the converted file should stay in the original filder. Hopefully this makes sense. any help would be appreciated.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

yeah it can be done, i do it almost daily. the output files will be created in the same folder the originals are in. but you have to load each one in tmpgenc obviously (batch encode mode).
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Nate
      • Dec 2005

Cool, so is there anyway to add a bunch of files from subfolders all at once instead of one at a time?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

you'll have to load each one, and at the end selecting "create other projects for batch encoding". it's a bit of a pain, the most i do at one time is about 10. tip: when you load all your batch, go to file>batch encode. highlight your projects and SAVE list. if tmpgenc crashes or your pc freezes or you have a power outage, you just have to open tmpgenc, load the .tbe file and way you go!
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 11 Dec 2005, 05:31 AM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...