X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

mencoder -ovc help will give you a list of video codecs. Basically you have XviD, x264 and various lavc codecs that you can use with avi. x264 as well as some libavcodec encoders are/can be lossless which can be usefull for editing.

My advice would be to read the mencoder man pages.

Also, if this t@b app shows you the commandlines used, looking at them should help.

basically just: mencoder.exe -ovc [insert codec] -oac [insert codec] input -o output
    There are also encoder settings that you can specify like: -xvidencopts pass=1:qpel=1, etc. or lameencopts preset=medium.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Hmmm. When I try -ovc, it just flashes a DOS window and goes away. I will try a command prompt next. Also, am I supposed to specify the file?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Hmmm. command prompt works, but the mencoder.exe and all the folders has to be in C://Documents and Settings/Owner to work. Owner is the name of my account. It converted a file perfectly, that I named test.rm, I just used raw video and pcm audio, I figure it is probably easier to use VirtualDub to compress it, as I can actually see what I am doing . Mencoder is nice, thanks for that hint, it seems more for the people who know DOS though.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...