X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAXIMUS01CAN
    • Dec 2003

Help with MP3's Not Playing in DVD Player

Howdy All,

Not sure if I'm missing something here or if I'm just a dummy and doing something wrong here , but I can't seem to get any playback on my DVD player using the mp3 discs I've created. I'm using Nero 6.x?? and the procedure seems pretty simple. Put in DVD, click make MP3 disc, add tracks and voila, burn........but the problem is when trying to play back on my DVD player....."say's cannot read disc" The player is supposed to playback MP3 tracks as it's stamped right on the panel??? I don't know........am I missing something or am I doing something wrong making the disc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Max
  • RBulechek
    • Dec 2005

Are you burning your MP3s to a CD-R, or a DVD-R? My DVD player will accept MP3s on CD, but not DVD.

I'd like to find a Walkman type portable DVD player that accepts MP3 DVDs. I guess I'll just have to burn an MP3 DVD, and try it on various players.

Regards,

Robert

Comment

• MAXIMUS01CAN
      • Dec 2003

I'm trying to burn to DVD-r media and I'm not having any luck. I could put these files into my Ulead Video Studio 9 and create a DVD with Audio only, but I thought there might be something easier than that process. Nero 6 has a choice of making a DVD MP3 disc, but obviously it isn't compliant with DVD player formats. Now my Sony Player is now a couple years old, but that shouldn't matter if the disc is compatible. I just think the DVD player looks at the type of media (CD or DVD) inserted and then determines whether it should enable MP3 playback or not. I've been looking around for a while and there doens't seem to be any real easy way that works that anyone has informed me about yet.

Still looking,
      Max

Comment

• Vicc4
        Suspended
        • Dec 2005

Could you be more specific : which programs did you use for burning, etc?
        Also if possible give us the brandname of your writer ?

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Yep, that is basically it. A lot of players (esp. older ones) when they detect a DVD simply look for DVD video. As such they won't work with a DVD full of mp3's, despite the fact that they can play mp3's off of a CD and can obviously read DVD's.

My advice would be to buy a new cheapish MTK based MPEG-4/avi player. It will work fine with a DVD full of mp3's, plus it can play MPEG-4/avi files.

Comment

• MAXIMUS01CAN
            • Dec 2003

I'm using Nero 6 and my burner is a sony DRU-510A. I burned a MP3 Cd and tried playing it in my Sony Set top DVD player and it did recognize that it was a MP3 Cd, but it just went through each song and gave a "Data Error" message for each song...........I don't know what the heck the problem is, but nothing I try seems to work. My DVD player is a couple years old, but it does claim to playback all the regular formats plus MP3 etc. So I'm kinda lost. I did make a plain audio CD and my old 5 disc sony CD player plays it just fine, I was just hoping to get them all on 1 disc. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with Nero as it seems to be pretty straight forward. Put in CD>Pick Make MP3 disc>Burn.........don't know if there's more to it than that.

Cheers,
            Max

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

We use Nero Burning ROM to make music CD's just go into it and drag & drop your titles from your music files until it fills up the CD.It is all there unless you're talking about going from CD to CD.

Comment

• J-Mack
                • Jun 2004

It can be a few things. The DVD-R media your using, the DVD player, the bit rate (kbps) of the file. Check the manual for mp3 playback and maybe it will have a specific bit rate (kbps) for playback on your DVD-R.

Comment

Working...