X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattward2k
    PHP Guru
    • Nov 2001

What should they invent?

I thought I'd open a thread to find out what people think should be invented to aid in Digital Video production, or just in general.

I think they should invent a kind of "MiniDV Player", thats like the size of a portable TV, and you can download different types of DV files like DivX, AVI, MPEG1/2, DV etc onto it from your PC cuz it has all sorts of decoders on it.
    Matthew Ward
    email@nancies.org.uk
    http://www.nancies.org.uk/
  • tomnhanni
    • Nov 2001

Sounds good. It could also have a front loading cdrom drive built in with antishock capabilities. You could then play vcds, avis, and even mp3s and music cds. Would it have an LCD display or normal?
    Say Mr. Beefy!

Comment

• mattward2k
      PHP Guru
      • Nov 2001

That sounds cool, but I was thinking more along the lines of smaller - not the size of a portable DVD Player or even a CD Player, but kinda of slightly larger than a MiniDisc player - and like an MP3 player, the videos would only be downloadble by PC link up, but it would be USB/FireWire so it would be lightning fast.

I'm not sure about the screen; it would have to be of a good resolution and good quality, but would also have to be cost effective and conserve battery power. Maybe a better version of the GBA screen, with better contrast and maybe a backlight that wouldn't be as battery-hungry as an LCD Screen. It could also have audio/video outs to connect to projectors, plasma screens etc...and sound devices such as your PC Speakers or a HiFi system.

The processor, of course, would have all sorts of inbuilt decoding capabilities to handle the filetypes mentioned above.
      Matthew Ward
      email@nancies.org.uk
      http://www.nancies.org.uk/

Comment

Working...