What does Panasonic have that the others don’t?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rahermonot
    Bob
    • Jan 2006

<o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    I have over 100 home video DVDs made through Pinnacle Studio and some copied with <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> Shrink. All DVDs play fine all the way through with my two Panasonic Set top <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> players but on any other Set top <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> player, including Philips and Samsung, the same DVDs seem to play fine until about 20 minutes in when they start skipping, stalling and freezing. The skipping does not start at a certain spot on the <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> but rather after a length of time after starting play.
    <o> </o>
    I am in the market for a set top <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> recorder with a high definition up converter. I have spent many hours making these home videos and want to make sure the will play on this new <st1:stockticker>DVD</st1:stockticker> recorder.
    <o> </o>
    RCA has the only Recorder with an HD up converter that I have found. I have never played any of my DVDs on an RCA player. Does anyone know what makes Panasonic playback so well and if RCA is as good?
  • splean
    • Jan 2006

What speed did you burn them at? If you burned them at 4x or under you should have no problems on any player.

Comment

• rahermonot
      Bob
      • Jan 2006

Most were burned at 4X or less.

I don't know the booktyp. I have since discovered how to set booktype.

Have much less truble with playback when burning as ROM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Panasonic doesn't care about the booktype - it works with both -R and +R. BUT I had a big playing issue with a dual layer burned disc that burned on Verbatim, 2.4x speed, set the layer break, and set to DVD-ROM booktype. It played on one Panasonic player but not the other. No idea why.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...