Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad K
    • Jan 2006

Problem with AC3

I downloaded and installed ac3acm, but it won't install completely. It gives a message about logo aproval, whatever that is, I clicked to continue anyway. But it still won't work.. Any ideas? I have XP Pro. When I look in Add/ Remove programs It shows ac3acm , but shows no size, so I am assuming that it doesn't install completely. Please help
    Brad
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

that message is normal, it basiclly means that it's not a "trustworthy" component to xp, but just choose continue like you did. is this the link you are using and the instructions in it to install?
    Download AC-3 ACM Codec (formerly AC-3 ACM Decompressor) 2.2 : AC3 ACM Decompressor is a Dolby Digital AC-3 decoding for Windows ACM
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Brad K
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for your responce, this thing is really whipping me.
      yes, that is the one that I used. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but it never seems to fully install.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

can you detail what happens and where exactly? exact wording of errors if any or messages?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Brad K
          • Jan 2006

when I right click on the file and select install I get the window that it hasn't passed the windows logo test. I click to continue anyway, then everything goes away, crashes I guess. But if i go to control panel/ add-remove programs, it shows ac3acm as installed but over on the right it doesn't show anything for size. and if I go to Program files there is no folder created. So I assume that it is not completely installing.
          Thank for your looking into this
          Brad

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

strange. this never happened to me. i wonder if you add it to windows DEP list.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• benbryant
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Aug 2005

Hi Brad K,

After installing the AC3 ACM Decompressor, it is normal for the AC-3 AMC Codec in the Add or Remove Program doesn't show the installed file size and the Program Files folder doesn't list the AC3 ACM Decompressor 1.2. You can check for the complete AC3 ACM Decompressor installation:

Go to the Control Panel, open Sounds and Audio Devices, press Hardware tab, double- click the Audio Codecs, and select Properties tab. If you can see AC-3ACM Codec listed in the Audio Compression Codec, your AC3 ACM Decompressor is fully installed

Regards

Comment

Working...