Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sillyg00se
    • Jan 2006

Need help

I am ok with backing up my dvd's , but I wanna make a home entertainment system with a terrabyte hdd space and have all my movies on the system , I can't figure what I should do I tried making a AVI of the dvd and it comes out with 9 - 20 files but I made one of another movie that was packed into one file I dunno how I did it or what the difference is I'd like to limit the sizes to bout a gig. a piece
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum Sillyg00se!

What program are you using?

Comment

• Sillyg00se
      • Jan 2006

thanks for the welcome and I use nero dvd shrink for rips and nero for burns , as far as the convert I have just picked up virtualdub and I have tmpeg and ahead ripper and intervideo winproducer , I know I only need one but trying to figure out what to use is a tedious process of trial and error till you find ppl to ask

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Your want to do DVD to AVI conversion correct?

Comment

• Sillyg00se
          • Jan 2006

yea actually I don't care what format as long as I can play it on a computer driven entertainment system and all the files are condensed into one file

Comment

• Sillyg00se
            • Jan 2006

tell ya what I want

1. all the files in one
            2. one gig or less file

that's all I really want could be divx avi or mpeg not even sure what the best format going is

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

Well if you just rip the DVD using DVD Shrink, you can play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in PowerDVD/Nero ShowTime, and is the same as playing the entire DVD without the DVD inserted. However, this will be about 4.35 GB and lots of files... just know to open VIDEO_TS.IFO.

Now, you can convert to a DivX AVI pretty easily, but this will only be the movie, not special features and menus.
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
              My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...