Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishman1
    • Jan 2006

Ulead VVideo Studio 9 question - background audio tracks in menus

I think I have found a bug in Ulead VS 9, but I wanted to check with you guys to see if you have ever encountered this problem:

I'm making a DVD from various video clips that I have downloaded. It seems as if Ulead VS9 does not like MP3's that I have ripped down from CD's using Windows Media Player 10. If I try to use only these MP3's (ripped down w/ Media Player 10), it will encode the videos, create the menus, and then it gets to the step that says 'creating menu background audio' (or something...can't remember what it says exactly) and it crashes. An error message comes up that says 'Ulead Video Studio 9 has encountered a problem and must be shut down'.

Has anyone ever seen this happen? I thought maybe that it was just that specific MP3, so I tried using other MP3 for the menu background audio track. It failed every time if I uses an MP3 which was ripped down using Media Player 10. If I use an MP3 that I downloaded from ITunes, Ulead creates the DVD flawlessly. I'm trying to think of a way around this, because there are many DVD's that I want to create with songs playing as the background music on the menus.

For now, I think I'm going to try an alternate method of ripping down MP3's from my CD into MP3 format. If anyone has any other suggestions, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

It has done to this to me, to the point where I cannot even import MP3's. That is a bug in UVS9. Use Nero Wave Editor and save them as a WAV file, or use Windows Media Player and make a WMA out of the file.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

I can use mp3 in UVS.Is this the Windows Installer 3.1 issue I told u earlier DRF?
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

I just finished a big project with UVS9, and have found some inconsistencies in using MP3s. Not sure what are the variables, but some will work and some won't, so I solved it by converting them to WAVs and had no further problem.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

paglamon, you told me about the Windows Installer thing for UVS video capture. Is the same true for MP3's too?

And shame on Windows for releasing that if it screws up programs... even my McAfee is screwed up.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• phishman1
            • Jan 2006

an update.....

now, inexplicably, I can't get *any* MP3's to work. I have switched to .wav for the background audio, and it works.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Is the same true for MP3's too?
              I really don't know.U might try.No harm is done in removing Windows Installer 3.1.U can always reinstall it if needed.
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...