Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steady77
    • Feb 2006

Help

hi all, im pritty new to this and having problems with nero......im trying to put a video file(Xvid) on to dvd, nero converts the file then burns it..but when i play the dvd on my dvd player the audio runs out of sync!?!? it starts ok then about half way through runs out.........

can anyone out there help!!!!!

PLEASE
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

this is because nero is crap for an encoder. likely due to a VBR audio encoded file? the ORIGINAL file plays with proper sync--yes? i use tmpgenc and none of the following is needed, but if you must use nero, try this--it should workif the original file is all ok.

download Virtualdub (free)
    VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for Windows platforms. It is streamlined for fast linear operations over video.

change the audio to a .WAV file using Virtualdub. Load the file. Go to "video">Direct stream copy. Under "audio">full processing mode, Click "audio" again. click Conversion check 48,000Hz and check "high quality" and ok. Go to "audio" >compression, select "no compression" (PCM) and ok. Finally go to FILE> save WAV. this will produce a .wav file (audio only).

when its done, load the original avi file again under file. go under audio, select full processing mode, go to audio again, select wav audio. load the wav file you made earler.

under "video" select "direct stream copy". under "audio" select "full processing mode". under "audio" again select "compression" i use LAME mp3. that's what i suggest. go to "file" and "save as avi" give it a name and use this in nero. playback the file on pc before burning it to check for sync!
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 9 Feb 2006, 02:12 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jeo
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Feb 2004

LT.,
      this is not a single help,it's a guide!

regards
      still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• steady77
        • Feb 2006

THANKS LT........and

and sorry for using the help word

Will give your advice a go LT......will let you know how it goes.......as i said before totaly new to this and may ask for guidance again.... take it easy everyone

Comment

• mrbenz05
          • Dec 2005

nero 7.0

I see that nero 7.0 is out. Is there a site out there that may able me to get it without it being a trial version, also how can I make an audio cd from the sound on my camcorder? I have a Sony TRV-350.
          mrbenz05

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by mrbenz05
            I see that nero 7.0 is out. Is there a site out there that may able me to get it without it being a trial version,
            yeah nero.com
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...