Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stormin999
    • Feb 2006

audio sync problem with virtual dub

can any one help me with audio sync probs when i split a avi file with virtual dub?...the video is fine but the audio is out of sync during playback on computer and on vcd disc when burned with nero....
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

Did you get a warning about VBR audio telling you that it would be out of sync?

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

stormin999: please don't cross post (post similar messages multiple times): http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...951#post357951
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• stormin999
        • Feb 2006

yes i got a warning ....and it says to extract the audio and change it to wav...but i dont know how to do that ...lol

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Seriously. You get a warning that your audio will be out of sync. Then it is and you wonder why? Since you are converting anyway, just set the audio to full processing and it will get decoded to pcm.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

probably a warning that it will create skew.

change the audio to a .WAV file using Virtualdub. Load the file. Go to "video">Direct stream copy. Under "audio">full processing mode, Click "audio" again. click Conversion check 48,000Hz and check "high quality" and ok. Go to "audio" >compression, select "no compression" (PCM) and ok. Finally go to FILE> save WAV. this will produce a .wav file (audio only).

when its done, load the original avi file again under file. go under audio, select full processing mode, go to audio again, select wav audio. load the wav file you made earler.

under video select direct stream copy, under audio, "full processing mode">compression>i use LAMEmp3 CBR>file>save as avi.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...