Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amenaza
    • Apr 2002

DVD to editable format .. NOT for VCD/SVCD

I know most of you talk about converting DVD movies to VCD/SVCD and putting them into 2 or more CDs, etc. but I have this project of converting a DVD to an EDITABLE FILE FORMAT WHILE keeping the highest quality on both audio and video.

The final copy of my product will go on video tape and DVD eventually, therefore I am NOT concern with the size of the project at all, again, I just need to keep as close as DVD quality as possible in an editable file format, where I can put subtitles, change the music, etc.

There is a user in this forum, setarip, who took the time to explain me the steps to do this, but at the end of his reply wrote "Then, to create a VCD" which left me thinking maybe his steps where to create a movie. (setarip in case you are reading this, I am not doubting your answer at all, is just that sometimes my grammar can be misleading).

Also, a second opinion doesn't hurt at all.

Cheers.
    neotrace2000@hotmail.com
  • johnbmx4christ
    • Nov 2001

I'll give it a go..someone correct me if i am wrong....not very detailed either..
    -rip the dvd with smartripper using the backup tab.
    -use dvd 2 avi to"create project"-its a virtual avi
    -load into tmpg and instead of mpeg..go to the top to the file menu and click on "output to file" and choose avi.
    -theres your avi file.

or.....when in dvd2avi..dont do the "save project"..choose
    save as avi..it'll take a while but it will create your avi straight from the vob.
    -load into your editor and hack it up..lol
    john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

I guess what you are looking for is something like this

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Amenaza
        • Apr 2002

OK guys, thanks for the answers ... I'll give it a go and post back the answer.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...