Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zimmo
    • Mar 2006

Extracting Chapters Problem

We have a dvd and it seems the chap who gave it me has copied it from a vcd as it is in two halfs.

When I use Dvd Shrink, the main feature is in two halves. The first part is called Main Movie, this actually has the second half of the dvd in it. The first half is in a folder called, Unreferenced Material.

The problem is that there are 21 chapters in the first half of the move and chapter 21 seems corrupt, as when I did a copy of exact dvd, it did not work as I thought. You watch the movie and when it gets to chapter 21 it goes back to the start of the movie and this lasts for around 3 minutes before it moves on to the second half.

Now, I need really to fix this, as I did myself a copy of the dvd and dont want to have to wait the 3 minutes and also be watching the start of the movie half the way through.

I looked and if I can get rid of chapter 21 then it should be fine.

So, how on earth (totally new to this) do I extract the first 20 chapters and then the other 19 and have it burn to disk.

I am unsure as to what software. I tried with dvd decoder and it let me select the chapters I wanted, but when I tried to burn it said invalid info file...

I just need to be able to sort this mess out. Why also would the main movie be the second half of the film and the other half (the start) in the folder unreferenced

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Working...