Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • east_los_latino
    • Oct 2005

Capturing Video problem

I have a PNY GeForce personal cinema FX 5700 Card and a JVC MiniDV Camcorder. Im able to view and capture video onto my computer the only thing is that im unable to get sound out of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi east_los_latino,

Make sure the audio cables aie connected and the sound card can be the problem too. For capturing movie from miniDV camcorder with great quality, I would recommend you to add and use the PCI firewire card and use WinDV for capturing the movie to PC

Regards

Comment

• Cambion7
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Nov 2005

I'm not sure how the audio inputs are handled, but I would also check the mixer settings (the sound bar/speaker icon near the clock). If the mute is checked in the Record Properties, or the level slider is all the way down, you'd get the same results.

Regards,
      Cambion7
      Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
      - Confidence

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

east_los_latino, definitely NOT recommended to do an analogue capture of a digital source.

get a pci firewire card-- they're quite cheap, and as ben said, use windv
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• east_los_latino
          • Oct 2005

I have a firewire card, i installed it like 1 month ago, but, would everything transfer, including sound? also, where would i find WinDV?

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

WinDV is a freeware and downloaded from here:

WinDV is a small and easy to use Windows application for capturing videos from DV device (camcorder) into AVI-files and for recording AVI-files into DV device via FireWire (IEEE 1394) interface.

Regards

Comment

• east_los_latino
              • Oct 2005

Thanks Cambion, Anonymez and benbryant, Im going to try it and see how it goes, wish me luck.

Comment

Working...