X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeyBK
    Digital Video Maniac
    • Feb 2006

SuperDVD Player software

Has anyone used or heard of SuperDVD player? I just downloaded it to my older 'ancient' PC to play back my DVDs. This player was the only one that the 533mhz processor would produce an uninterrupted playback on, but it keeps popping up a screen to register and make a support donation to upgrade to the full version, and I'm concerned that I have never heard of these guys (MasterSoft). I just upgraded this old PC to 320 MBs memory, to USB 2.0, and installed a DVD RW. I plan to add an external Hard Drive and upgrade the processor eventually but for now need a playback software that isn't resource intensive.

Please, looking for some feedback on SuperDVD and/or another free playback software. Much Thanks.

Cheers
    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

'mplayer' uses the least amount of resources possible

but your cpu is the limiting factor, so the decoder is more important here. i'm assuming the graphics card in that pc doesn't have dxva (if it does, nvidia purevideo is known to be the most efficient)

use media player classic, and dscaler5 as decoder, both freeware
    Last edited by anonymez; 8 Mar 2006, 04:10 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Chizzmo
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Nov 2005

Do you have Nero on your computer? if so check the version. You can go to
      Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

and either update the virsion you have or add some to it. This is 6.6 OEM version update. If you have 6.3 OEM version you will need update 1, update 2 has show time which is the movie player skip update 3 and update 4 is alright too if you want it but 1 & 2 will get you what you are looking for.
      Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

Working...