How to get better playback PQ on PC / PC monitor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a529612
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2006

How to get better playback PQ on PC / PC monitor?

For those 1:1 DVD copies, how can you get better pic for playback on a PC / PC monitor? Is there such thing as upconvert DVD reader or software to match the native resolution of the PC monitor? Thanks!
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

you can start using a decent player, like 'media player classic' or zoomplayer (my weapon of choice for htpc, though not free)

start with vmr9 instead of overlay. pick a decent mpeg2 decoder (i like dscaler, which is free, and nvidia purevideo) download & install ffdshow, set to raw video mode. play with ffdshow settings-- there are a LOT of them, i myself use 'picture properties' (adjusts levels), blur & nr, sharpen, lanczos resize (upscale) and deinterlacing when needed.

the higher the resolution, the more powerful your system needs to be
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• a529612
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Feb 2006

Is Nero Show Time 2 a decent player? I compared it to Media Player Classic and the PQ seems better. Thanks!

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Nero Show Time 2 a decent player
        nope, not in my opinion-- especially when compared to MPC and VLC

and the PQ seems better
        that's because its using a different decoder. open up mpc, options-->internal filters, and disable the 'mpeg2 video' transform filter. you're now free to use a decoder of your choice, you can force one in the 'external filters' section
        Last edited by anonymez; 11 Mar 2006, 09:49 PM.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...